Suwannee Valley Youth Sharpshooters
ANNOUNCEMENT: 2015 FLORIDA Youth Hunter Education Challenge (YHEC) State Competition.
For the past eight years, the Suwannee Valley Youth Sharpshooters of the Fort White Gun Club have competed in this competition: The challenge has two divisions, Senior 15 to 18 years of age and Junior under 15 years of age. Youth from all over the state came to Ocala Youth Conservation Center on May 2nd 2015 to meet the Challenge.
This year your team consisted of:
Senior Division: JonElliot Antognoni, Matthew Adams, Ryan Kasak, Robert Martin, Shawn Ziegus, Mohammad Raffay and Justin King.
- JonElliot Antognoni: 1st Place Archery, 1st Place Shotgun, 1st Place Hunter Safety/Firearm knowledge and wild life identification, 3rd place Rifle, and 3rd place in Hunter Skills Trail.
- Ryan Kasak: 1st Place Rifle and 3rd place Hunter Safety/Firearm knowledge and wild life ID.
- Matthew Adams: 3rd place Shotgun.
Champion for 2015 is JonElliot Antognoni. But what is significant, is the SVYSSís have taken the State Overall Championship for seven consecutive years. In 2014 Senior Division, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2009 Junior Division.
Junior Division: Robert (Robbie) Hoyt, Trace Cook, Josef Walker and Obie Smith.
This year the competition consisted of five categories. Rifle, Shotgun (five stand), Archery (3D targets), a Hunter Skills Trail (shoot no shoot seniors) and a Hunter Safety/firearm knowledge and wild life identification exam. Once again, the SVYSS proved their Knowledge and skills, and took home many awards.
- Robert Hoyt: 2nd Place Rifle
- Josef Walker: 3rd Place Rifle, 3rd Place Hunter Skills Trail and 3d Place Hunter Safety/Firearm knowledge and wild life ID.
- Trace Cook: 3rd Place Shotgun
The junior team did outstanding, considering that most of the team members have been with the team less than six months.
|2013 State Team
||2012 Junior Team
||2011 State Team
|2010 State Team
||2009 National Team
||2009 Regional Team
|2009 Regional Team
||2008 Regional Team