The word "Range" applies to all ranges on our property
1. The Fort White Gun Club will operate under standard National Rifle Association (NRA) rules or other affiliates as applicable.
2. Fully automatic weapons, tracer rounds, 50 cal BMG and 416 Barrett rounds are prohibited.
3. The Range hours will be from 8:AM to sunset, except Sunday.
4. Sunday Range hours will be from 1:PM to sunset (STRICTLY ENFORCED!).
5. The Range will be closed any day of the week upon request of the Heavenly Rest Cemetery Committee during Church Services and burial hours.
6. A sign-in/sign-out roster will be logged at all times.
7. All guests must be logged in and accompanied by a member in good standing. The maximum number of guests per visit is 2 (if the member is shooting only 1 guest is permitted at the line). All guests will sign a Release of Liability form. Shooting guests may use the Range one (1) time only.
8. Junior members must be accompanied by an adult member in good standing.
9. Membership ID Cards must be displayed while on the Range.
10. While on the pistol, rifle, and shotgun ranges all firearms must be kept unloaded until on the firing line. Drawing a loaded handgun from a holster or waistband is not permitted on these ranges.
11. All firearms will have the muzzle pointed downrange while on the firing line. The 170 degree rule shall apply. All firing will be done from behind the firing line.
12. The use of drugs or alcohol before or during shooting is prohibited.
13. Safety glasses and ear protection must be worn when on or near the firing line.
14. Threatening behavior whether verbal or physical is prohibited. Violations will result in immediate disciplinary action.
15. All targets must be properly mounted on FWGC approved target stands and must be mounted within the 2 foot square at the top of the stand. Shooting at objects on the ground is prohibited.
16. Human silhouette targets are prohibited. Steel targets are prohibited on the rifle/pistol ranges except those used during Board approved/sanctioned matches.
17. Use of multi pellet shotshells on the rifle range and pistol range is prohibited.
18. When the range is declared "cold" handling or touching guns is prohibited. Shooters and guests must remain behind the red line unless changing a target.
19. Squib rounds must be placed in the container provided. Do not place in trash cans.
20. Spent brass must be placed in the container provided. Do not place in trash cans.
21. Please clean up your brass and trash after shooting.
22. Bench rests must not penetrate or damage concrete shooting benches, must use with protective pads or feet.
23. Pets are not permitted on club property. Service animals may be permitted with prior Board approval.
24. Use of the Sporting Clays range requires two persons, one of which must be a FWGC certified trap operator.
25. All guests, both shooting and non-shooting, are subject to the same rules and by-laws as members and it is the responsibility of the member to ensure that their guests are in compliance.
26. All incidents involving safety procedures or injury must be written up on the Club’s Incident Report, found in the sign-in book. An officer must be contacted after any emergency procedures are instigated.
27. No smoking under any covered area.
28. Any violation of the above rules may result in a fine, suspension or expulsion from the FWGC.
The following rules are in addition to the FWGC Range Rules on the Cowboy Range:
1. Ammunition requirements are lead only (no jacketed bullets), no gas checks. Shotgun pellets no larger than #4. Velocity is limited to 1000 fps for handguns and 1400 fps for rifles.
2. Individuals practicing on the Cowboy Range must have successfully completed a SASS RO or NRA Certified Range Safety Officer course and must also have been actively shooting at least one of the disciplines on the Cowboy Range for at least 6 months. If two or more persons are practicing at least one person must possess one of the above ratings.
3. The use of centerfire autoloaders on this range is limited to Board approved organized events only.